Chromebooks have gained popularity in the age of continuous connectivity due to their thin design and reliance on cloud-based services. To ensure productivity while on the go, one important characteristic that increases their value is the ability to connect to mobile hotspots.
If you have a Chromebook and want to connect to a mobile hotspot, you have come to the right place. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of connecting your Chromebook to a mobile hotspot and a Wi-Fi network, allowing you to stay connected wherever you are.
Table of Contents
How to Connect Mobile Hotspots to Chromebook
Connecting to a mobile hotspot on a Chromebook is a simple process that can be done in just a few steps. You can easily connect your Chromebook to a mobile hotspot or any Wi-Fi network. For that, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Turn on the Mobile Hotspot on Your Smartphone
The first step is to activate the mobile hotspot on your smartphone. The process can vary depending on the device. Navigate to your phone’s settings, locate the ‘Hotspot‘ or ‘Tethering‘ option, and toggle it on.
If your hotspot is not secure and protected, then you may also need to set a password to secure your hotspot network.
2. Enable Wi-Fi on Your Chromebook
Once you have enabled the mobile hotspot, you can follow the following steps to enable Wi-Fi and connect to any mobile hotspots and Wi-Fi networks.
1. Click the Quick Settings Panel in the lower right corner of your screen.
2. Then click on the Wi-Fi icon.
3. Now, turn on the Wi-Fi toggle, and it will search for the available network.
4. After that, select the network you want to connect to from the list under Wi-Fi network.
5. Here, you’ll get the Join Wi-Fi network window. Enter the password for the network and then click on the Connect button.
6. After connecting your Chromebook to the mobile hotspot, open your web browser and navigate to a website to verify that you have an active internet connection.
7. You have successfully connected to your mobile hotspot if the internet is working.
Note: If you are having issues connecting to a mobile hotspot, just remember that you have to turn on the mobile data and mobile hotspot on your device.
That’s it; this is how you can connect mobile hotspots to Chromebook. However, if you are facing issues while connecting to hotspot networks, ensure that your mobile hotspot is configured correctly, and the password (if set) is entered accurately. If problems persist, try forgetting the hotspot network on your Chromebook and reconnecting by following the initial connection steps.
If you also want to know how to connect to a Bluetooth device on your Chromebook, you can check the linked guide. I hope this guide is helpful to you. However, if you have any problems, you can leave them in the comment section.