Privacy and security are paramount when browsing the internet, especially on Chromebooks. Opera, a popular alternative browser that is completely optimized for Chromebook users, offers a built-in Virtual Private Network (VPN) feature to enhance online privacy and security.
If you have installed Opera for Chromebook on your device, then you can enable the free VPN. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps to turn on VPN on Opera for Chromebook, ensuring a safer and more secure browsing experience.
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) encrypts your internet connection, routing it through a remote server to hide your IP address and location. This helps protect your online privacy by preventing third parties, including your Internet Service Provider, from tracking your activities.
Here’s how you can turn on the built-in free VPN on Opera for Chromebook:
1. Open the Opera browser on your Chromebook.
2. Click on the Profile icon and click on the VPN option to turn it on.
3. Alternatively, you can turn it on from the Settings page. For that, click on the Gear icon to open the settings and turn on the toggle next to the VPN option to enable it.
4. After that, you will find the VPN icon on the address bar.
5. Click on it and then click on the drop-down menu to change the virtual location.
6. Within the virtual location options, select your desired location for the VPN server. Here, you’ll find choices like Optimal (for faster speed), America, Europe, and Asia.
How to Disable the VPN on Opera for Chromebook
Opera for Chromebook has a convenient built-in Virtual Private Network feature that can help improve your online privacy and security. However, there may be situations where you need to turn off the VPN.
If you need to do so, here are the steps you can follow to disable the VPN on Opera for ChromeOS.
1. Open the Opera browser.
2. Click on the Profile icon located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
3. Here, you will find the VPN option. Click on it to disable the VPN on Opera.
Opera is the first alternative browser that is fully optimized for Chromebooks. It offers users a unique alternative to Google Chrome, and provides features that were previously unavailable to Chromebook users, such as a free VPN.
By following the steps mentioned above, you can easily enable and disable the VPN on Opera for your Chromebook. However, if you are interested in installing Opera GX for your Chromebook, you can refer to our linked guide. We hope you found this information helpful.