The search engine giant, Google, offers a note-taking app called Google Keep. If you want to install Google Keep on your Chromebook, follow this guide until the end. You can create to-do lists, ideas, and much more using Google Keep. However, please note that the Google Keep Chrome app for Chromebooks is no longer supported. As a Chromebook user, you can use the web version of Google Keep at keep.google.com.
However, if you still want to use the Google Keep application on your Chromebook, you have two options: you can either install it from the Google Play Store or create a progressive web application (PWA). Here is a complete guide on how to install Google Keep from the Play Store and how to use the Google Keep web application on your Chromebook.
Table of Contents
How to Install Google Keep App on Chromebook
If you try to open the Google Keep Chrome app on your Chromebook, you will get a message that says – “The Keep Chrome App is no longer supported. You can continue using Keep by going to keep.google.com”.
Now, to fix this issue, you can install the most recent version of Google Keep for your Chromebook from the Google Play Store, as the latest version of Chromebooks supports Android apps.
For that, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open the App Drawer and locate the Google Play Store app.
Note: However, if your Chromebook doesn’t have the Google Play Store installed, you can enable it in Chromebook settings. For that, you can follow the guide on enabling the Google Play Store on a Chromebook.
2. After that, open the Google Play Store and search for Keep on Search.
3. To install the new Google Keep Chrome application, click the Install button and wait for the process to complete.
4. You are now able to use the Google Keep app on your Chromebook without a problem once the installation is complete.
That’s it! This is how you can install the newer version of the Google Keep app on your Chromebook and use it. However, if you wish to use the Google Keep web version as the progressive web application, follow the next method mentioned below.
How to Use keep.google.com on Chromebook
There is no denying that downloading the new Google Keep will take up space on your Chromebook. If you want to conserve space while using Google Keep on your Chromebook, you can create a shortcut app to navigate to keep.google.com.
The following are the steps to create a bookmark for both the shortcut app and keep.google.com:
2. Click the Star Icon to the right of the address bar to create a bookmark for keep.google.com, and then add Google Keep to the bookmark. This will not result in the creation of theGoogle Keep shortcut application. It will only bookmark the website.
3. You want to create a Google Keep shortcut application. To do so, click the three dots in the top-right corner.
4. Then, select More Tools from the menu and click on the Create Shortcut option.
5. Select Open as window and click the Create button on the window that appears.
6. The Google Keep shortcut is now available in the App Drawer. You can use it to access Google Keep on your Chromebook or Pin it to the Chromebook Shelf.
To sum up, these are the two methods for installing and using the Google Keep app on your Chromebook. However, if you don’t want to install the app, you can use keep.google.com to take down your notes.
We hope this Chromebook guide was helpful to you. However, if you have any doubts regarding the installation process, you can leave them in the comments.