To use a Chromebook, an active internet connection is always required. However, what if I told you that you don’t need an internet connection to watch Netflix? In this guide, we will discuss how to use and watch Netflix offline on a Chromebook. Netflix, one of the best OTT platforms globally, is available for a wide range of devices, including Chromebook, making it a must-have app.
If you have enabled Google Play Store support on your Chromebook, you can easily download and install the Netflix app on your device. This app allows you to use Netflix online and offline on your Chromebook. Additionally, you can download your favorite movies and series on your device to watch them offline.
Table of Contents
How to Install Netflix on a Chromebook
To use Netflix online and offline, you need to download and install the Netflix application from the Google Play Store. Follow the steps mentioned below to install it on your Chromebook:
1. Click on the App Launcher icon to open the app drawer.
2. Here look for Google Play Store and open it.
3. It will open the Google Play Store. Here, search for the Netflix app on the search bar.
4. Now, select the Netflix app from the search result and click the Install button to download and install the Netflix app on your Chromebook.
5. After that, wait for the process to complete. Once the installation is complete, click on the Open button to launch it. Alternatively, you will find the Netflix app icon in the app drawer, which you can use to open it.
6. Now, you need to sign in to your Netflix account to use the Netflix app.
7. After that, you are ready to use it on your Chromebook. If you’re wondering how to use it offline, continue reading the guide till the end.
How to Watch Netflix Offline on Chromebook
How to watch movies and shows without the internet on Netflix? The Netflix application has a built-in feature that allows us to download movies and shows, enabling us to watch them offline. You just need to download your favorite shows when there is an internet connection.
Here are the steps that show you how you can watch Netflix offline on your Chromebook:
1. Open the Netflix app.
2. Find and select a show or movie you want to download and watch offline. To download the show, click on the Download button.
3. Once the download is complete, it will appear in the My Downloads tab.
You can watch these downloaded Netflix shows offline whenever you don’t have access to the internet. This is a simple trick you can apply to watch Netflix offline.
In conclusion, delving into the world of offline entertainment on your Chromebook with Netflix is now a reality, thanks to the innovative feature introduced by the streaming giant: the ability to watch content offline.
However, not all movies and shows available on Netflix are downloadable; only the content that is available for download can be watched offline. So, look for content that you can watch offline on Netflix. I hope this Chromebook guide was helpful to you. If you have any suggestions or doubts, do not hesitate to leave them in the comments section.