Chromebook is a lightweight computer that runs on Chrome OS. Using it, you can perform basic tasks like – browsing the internet, sending emails, watching videos, playing music, and more. It is an online base operating system, but there are some features that you can use offline, such as playing videos.
You can use the built-in video player to play offline videos that are saved on your device. No doubt; that the built-in video player is good. However, you can also use more advanced players like VLC Media Player on your Chromebook. Here is a guide on; how to install VLC on a Chromebook.
Table of Contents
How to Install VLC on a Chromebook
The latest version of Chrome OS includes support for Linux and the Google Play Store. So, you can install the Android version of VLC and the Linux version of VLC Media Player on your Chromebook. We believe the Android version performs better as it is updated periodically.
Now, let’s discuss the installation process one by one:
1. Using the Google Play Store
If you like the Android version of the VLC, you can install it from the Google Play Store. For that, first, you have to enable Google Play Store support. To do so, check our detailed guide on; how to enable Play Store on Chromebook.
Once done, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to install VLC Media Player on your device.
1. Click on the App Launcher icon to open the app drawer.
2. Here look for Google Play Store and open it.
3. It will open the Google Play Store. Here, on the search bar, search for VLC for Android and select the app from the search result.
4. Click the Install button to download and install the VLC Media Player on your Chromebook. The installation process may take some time; wait for the process to complete.
5. Once the installation is complete. You can open it from the App Launcher. For that, click the App Launcher icon, search for VLC, and open it.
That’s it; this is how you can install the Android version of VLC on your Chromebook via Google Play. The interface of the application is similar to the an Android phone.
I hope this Chromebook guide was helpful to you. If you liked the article, share it with your friends. However, if you have some suggestions or doubts, do not hesitate to leave them in the comments section. We are always there to assist you.